Refreshing to EVP
E.V.P stands for Electronic Voice Phenomena. This Phenomena occurs when the voices of a Spirit interrupt an Electro Magnetic Field,"E.M.F's", so inturn using audio tape i.e. from a micro cassette recorder reveals these voices where as before they could not be heard by a human ear. It is the same way with a dog-whistle, the dog in this case being the audio recorder. We as humans cannot pick up the sound of this dog-whistle because the frequency is to high. The dog, on the other hand can, because its ear drum is designed for hearing higher frequencies. The audio recorder uses magnets to record onto tape when an Electro Magnetic field is interrupted such as when paranormal activity occurs. This inturn effects the tape i.e."E.V.P"
1:) Some E.V.P is extremely hard to hear. We will be posting some of our best voices.
2:) Keep in mind WE as a society are very leery on posting what we think the voices are saying simply because once you read something and expect to hear that same thing you normally do... This theory had been proved between 1970 and 1972 various white noise experiments had been conducted and proved that one can hear anything in just static. This experiment was conducted after the now famous "Raudive" tapes came out.
3:) So we would greatly appreciate any comments on E.V.P and would love to get E mails on what you think the voices are saying.
All E.V.P's are posted in .WAV format if you have trouble hearing them please e mail The G.I.S. and we will send them in a different format.
The G.I.S. presents HOW TO RECORD EVP
You can view what The G.I.S. sees when we analyze a voice just click here
raudive ghost box white noise creepy evp EVP electronic voice phenomena spiricom art bell hauntings haunted e.v.p ghost hunters ghost investigators ghost voice ghost noise ghost sounds ghost evp EVP recording ghost recording electronic voice phenomenon. the dead speak haunts haunted utah utah ghost ghost utah utahs ghost utah ghost investigators ghostly utah utah ghost hunters utah ghost investigators hauntings utah utah haunt team ghost utah ghosts of utah WPI wasatch paranormal investigators
IC recorders, such as the Sony ICD B7, have become well-known for their effectiveness as a tool for collecting EVP. This disparity between the effectiveness of digital and analog tape recorders offers an important opportunity for analysis; specifically, what is the active mechanism in IC recorders that is not present in analog recorders?
James Jones has recently offered a possible answer that is both technically insightful and very testable. If his hypothesis is shown to be correct, it provides a substantial proof that EVP are formed of noise and that they are formed within the electronic components of the recording device.
In IC recorders, the analog input signal is converted to digital information to enable processing and storage. This analog to digital (a/d) conversion is based on a sample rate in which the amplitude and frequency of the signal is converted into a series of digital words that are suitable for processing in the digital circuit. In a hypothetical digital word of “01101,” the last “1” is the Least Significant Bit (LSB). The LSB represents the lowest level of sound that can be accurately represented by the a/d converter.
James Jones contends that the error in accuracy of the a/d conversion between the analog input and the digital output introduces a chaotic electrical environment (noise) within the recorder as the a/d attempts to find a best fit for the incoming signal. The fewer the bits in the digital word (probably smallest in inexpensive recorders) the greater the noise associated with a/d conversion. This a/d induced chaos is conducive to EVP formation.
As James has noted, “Noise plays an important part in the encoding process. By strategically introducing noise, it is possibly to encode signals that are smaller than the LSB or less than one step of quantization.” Externally supplied low volume noise will allow the a/d to process signals that would normally fall below the LSB, thus reducing internal noise. Supplying extra noise is referred to as “Dither.” See What is Dither for a tutorial on the subject.
“Mike Sullivan tested this theory by tracking the number of EVP collected with and without the addition of white-noise. According to the theory, the amount of error and distortion allowed into the output of the recorder would be decreased with the addition of white noise, and therefore, the chaotic conditions necessary for the creation of EVP would be diminished. In fact, he recorded fewer to no EVP while supplying external noise when using an IC recorder.”
This theory proposed by James Jones possibly represents one of the first “smoking gun” analyses of where and how EVP is formed within a digital recorder that answers the current evidence. We would like other researchers reading this NewsJournal to conside
The Utah National Guard Armory, Dugway Proving Grounds, The Capitol Theater, The Rio Grande Depot, The City & County building, The old Utah County Jail, The Historic Brigham City Train Depot, Ogden's Union Station, Ft. Bridger Wyoming, Ft. Douglas Museum & Infirmary, Stockton's Town Hall, Camp Floyd, Cove Fort, The Webster School, Guadeloupe School, Valley School, Cassady's Tavern, The Utah Book & Magazine Shop, North Summit Middle & High Schools, and hundreds of private homes, businesses and cemeteries.
Ghost Photographs from the GRS Collection
1. Faces in the window
2. Figure in the background
3. Girl on the gravestone
4. Shade in the grass
5. Red Spectre in the forest
6. Swirling forms in the graveyard
7. Monks in Hull House
9. Fire in the Sky
10. Confederate Ghost
11. Ghost at Gettysburg
12. Skeletal Image
13. Graveyard Globe
14. Shining Strand
15. Face in the Graveyard
16. Blackpool Waxwork Face
17. Brown Palace Ghost
18. Floating Head?
19. Hampton Court Ghost
20. Man With a Derby
21. Myrtle's Planataion Ghost
22. Shadowy Figure
23. Toys 'R Us Ghost
24. SS Watertown Ghost
25. Friendly Ghost
26. A Ghostly Face
27. St. David's Ghost?
28. Old Lady In the Window
Fake or Explainable "Ghost Photos"
Photographs in this section either have a natural explanation or are deliberate forgeries.
1. Long Exposure
2. Reflection in the Distance
3. Dust on the Negative
4. Flash Reflections
5. Object Obstructing the Lens
6. Overlapped Pictures
7. Bad Film
8. Last picture in roll
9. Lens Flare
10. Bright Spiral
11. Mistaken Identity
12. Camera Strap
15. Typical Website Frauds!
For Those Submitting Ghost Photographs, Please Read!
1. We are not currently interested in looking at or analyzing orb photographs taken with digital cameras as there are just too many natural explanations for them.
2. All photographs submitted for anlaysis must be in either .jpg, .gif or .bmp, but not zipped files or other extensions! They should also be sent as an email attachment to your email and not embedded within.
3. Photographs should be accompanied by text indicating, type of camera and film used, weather conditions, why the photograph was taken in the first place and any other relevant information. Without this an accurate analysis cannot be conducted.
4. If you are sending your pictures for analysis via snail mail using the United States Postal Service and you wish to have your photographs returned, you must include a large self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage and your request to have it returned. If you have an email address, include that.
5. Analysis will be conducted as quickly as possible as there may be many other photographs that I'm currently analyzing at the time of receiving yours, so please be patient!
6. I am a believer that spirits can indeed be photographed but I've actually seen very few pictures that are "paranormal". If I, in MY opinion, regard the image(s) you submit to be not paranormal but an alternative natural explanation, please remember that you did ask for MY opinion and while it may not always be correct or what you want to hear, remember you did ask for MY opinion. I don't believe that anyone is truly an expert in deciphering the difference between ghost and non-ghost photographs but since I've been looking at such photographs for over 25 years and have written a book on spirit photography, I feel I am somewhat qualified to make a judgement on most photographs sent to me.
7. If you would like to have your picture posted to my website, please indicate in your email or letter. Also include whether or not you wish your real name and/or email used so that others might email you with their comments. Without your permission, I cannot legally post pictures to my site.
8. I can also give you my opinion on audio and video clips provided they are sent in either .wav, .mp3, .mpg, .mpeg,or .avi formats.
9. Please read the three articles below before you submit your photographs as they might explain what you have and they've been highly researched by Troy Taylor and I. Thank you!
10. Send your photographs to: Dale Kaczmarek
Ghost Photography Articles
* Tips on Spirit Photography - Dale Kaczmarek
* Digital Cameras - or, Ghost Hunting at its Worst! - Troy Taylor
* Trouble With Orbs - Troy Taylor
Note: The photographs and articles in this section are copyrighted material and cannot be used, copied or inserted in another website without the written permission of Dale Kaczmarek and the Ghost Research Society under penalty of law!
Legal disclaimer from the Author, Publisher & Webmaster: Although Ghost Research Society, Dale Kaczmarek, and all that may be affiliated with this entire website have carefully researched all sources to insure the accuracy of the information contained on this entire website; we assume no responsibility for any errors, inaccuracies or omissions. If your picture that you hold sole copyright to, website or any information thereof is listed on this website and you want to update or have it deleted, please email me. Picture copyright will be properly handled by our corporate attorney. Please get permission to visit any location if need be and OBSERVE all NO TRESPASSING signs. Respect the places you visit and investigate.